What are the options for funding?
Care in the home is not free but those with limited means may be able to claim financial support through their Local Authority to help them carry on living independently in their own home.
Anyone eligible for Local Authority funded care can choose to have direct payments and personal budgets which give each client flexibility, choice and control in the way they are supported. Caring Hands can advise on where this help is available.
Homecare costs may be paid for privately. Caring Hands will provide you with a fully costed individual support plan for your needs.
What legal arrangements should I put in place?
- We can introduce you to specialist later life solicitors who can -
- Set up powers of attorney, where you can nominate your trusted friends or family to act as your voice for financial or welfare decisions if you find yourself unable to make these decisions on your own.
- Help you write a will or check that your existing Will reflects your current wishes and that your affairs are managed in the most cost and tax efficient way. If your closest relatives do not live nearby, we can help to manage your financial and welfare decisions on your behalf.
- Ask the court of protection to step in on your behalf in the event of a crisis if there is no one else to help make financial and legal decisions for you.
- Sort out the legal arrangements for an equity release loan.
Just ask us for more information.